Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sharing a Meal



Cooking a meal for a group of people makes me appreciate all the care and love that goes into food, from earth to plate. It makes me appreciate all the recipes passed down to my grandmother, to my mother and aunts, and now to me. I cooked a meal for 16 today at Elos! I couldn't have done it without the help of Simone who was a superpower and was always ready help and to keep things moving. During times like these I feel humbled and grateful for the nourishment I receive every day. At the table were Andre, Andreia, Carla, Dimas, Gilson, Laura, Marina, Mariana, Mariana, Paulo, Rodrigo, Simone, Thais, Val, and Zelia. mmm. Lots of emotions during preparation! I've never had to cook for a group of this size! I'm glad I pulled it off (with the help of many others, of course) and was able to share a few of my favorite flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment